Saturday, April 24, 2010

All About Mom


"There is no velvet so soft as a mother's lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footprints". Knowing words from this Sir Archibald Thompson gentleman. I can not say enough good things about the mothers of the world. My own is my hero, and I know so many lovely lady-moms that are valiant, fearless super-moms in their own rights. I don't know about any superior acts of my own mothering tasks...BUT I do know it is a job that makes you courageous. The workload is immense, the lack-of sleep and exhaustion required is equal to that of prehistoric torture chambers, I'm sure. The emotional volcano you surrender yourself to is unimaginable at best, and the JOY, the utterly beautiful child-love, is immeasurable, and something I preserve in the depths of my being. A devotion like no other. In a nutshell, mother-love, drives the human spirit to do the impossible. This I know to be true. There is a reservoir of energy, love, belief and domestic felicity that is a bottomless pool within the mom gene. I salute the moms I know and the ones I don't. We all walked into the unknown with babes in our arms, and lovingly, courageously we try our best to do right by these beautiful creatures. Happy Mother's Day to you, and to the nana's and aunties and other women, glorious in their own right, guiding us and helping us mother and nurture through these unknown territories.

If you haven't grabbed up a gift to celebrate mom (or nana, or auntie...) there is till a wee bit of time to order personalized stationary sets–ribboned, bundled and gift boxed, ready for gifting with love...even the tag says so! See pics below and more info under our stationary and invites headers. Call or email for inquiries, but May 9th is coming soon!



Another little idea I'm toying with is–sweetly vintage style in a pretty little cake plate. ROSIE+COOP originals. Flea-market finds and vintage treasures, crafted into pedestal cake plates for sweet treats of the very best kind. You know my infatuation with saccharine decadence! Didn't this devotion deserve a plate? What do you think? As I craft more I will post some pics...off to treasure-hunt.





No comments:

Post a Comment